Blind Cleaning Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Blind Cleaning
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Window blinds are popular decorating option. But for blinds to look their best, they require regular care and maintenance. Blinds are among household furnishings that seem to get cleaned only when a sudden rush of energy takes over or when the sea of dust they emit becomes unbearable. However, the task isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be. Cleaning the blinds requires few materials and only takes a few minutes.
Window blinds collect dust and debris quite easily, and they aren’t the easiest household item to clean. Sometimes a quick wipe with a sponge will do, but a few times a year it’s best to take blinds down and wash them properly to keep them looking new.
Blinds do take time to clean, but cleaning is relatively easy if you use the proper techniques.
Sure, some cleaning methods can be used on all types of blinds, but there are in fact different ways to clean blinds depending on their construction. So, the best rule of thumb is to follow the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions or hire your local cleaning professional. It will be well worth it if you have allergies or just want your home looking and smelling clean and fresh.
The national average cost for blind cleaning is $65 – $125+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $65-$125, with some consumers spending over $200 or more. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
How Often Should Blind Cleaning Be Done
The longer you wait to have the blinds cleaned the harder it will be to remove dirt and stains. The sun can cause the dirt and stain to bond with the blinds, changing them forever.
Other Things To Consider:
- Do your children handle the treatments?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have a fireplace?
- Do you frequently burn candles?
- Do you live by the water?
All of these things and more can factor into how quickly your blinds become soiled. So it is recommend that you have your blinds cleaned every 2 years.
If you suffer from respiratory ailments, you may want to consider having them cleaned yearly.
Drapery and fabric blinds can act as filters, absorbing airborne pollutants due to constant airflow. The blind cleaning process removes dust, dirt, and allergens, so you’ll see improved air quality immediately.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.
Blind Cleaning Service in
- Baltimore, MD
- Elm mott, TX
- Eldorado springs, CO
- Aberdeen proving ground, MD
- Cooksville, MD
- Glenn dale, MD
- Middle river, MD
- Street, MD
- Cardiff, MD
- Camp Springs, MD
- Lutherville, MD
- Ravenel, SC
- Castle rock, CO
- Wheat ridge, CO
- Churchton, MD
- Fulton, MD
- Long green, MD
- Severna park, MD
- Andrews AFB, MD
- Lake Shore, MD