There are a number of reasons why the air conditioner compressor can stop working. Fortunately, all of them are not expensive fixes. So you probably won’t need to spend on a new compressor.
That said, it’s the heart of the cooling cycle. So you need to ensure that it’s in a good working condition.
How can you do that?
Regular servicing and maintenance is the key. If you get a local air conditioner repair service provider in Dallas or wherever you’re located to do it, then you can avoid a new ac compressor cost too.
Here are a few things that you need to look know.
- As a thumb rule, if the air conditioner is less than 10 years, then repair it. If it’s more than 10 years, then replace it.
- If the air conditioner requires frequent maintenance, then you will need to replace the system.
- High energy bills may be a sign that your air conditioner is straining to cool your home.
- If the temperature seems too hot or too cold to handle in a room, then you need to replace your system.
- Refrigerants that leak are dangerous for the environment.
- If you hear any sound that is unfamiliar, then it means you need to call a local air conditioner repair service provider.
Keeping your air conditioner clean at all times will ensure the air conditioner compressor is not working too hard to cool your home.
You can follow this step-by-step approach outlined below to clean the aircon on your own.
- First, switch off the power supply to turn off the air conditioner.
- Examine the tiny copper wire connected to your system.
- Remove the dirt and debris from the interiors of your system. After this step, you can begin servicing.
- Remove cover from the air conditioner and look for the coils.
- Clean the debris on the cover.
- Cover the wiring and motor system with a clean plastic sheet.
- Check the fins and the interiors of your system. If you find dirt and grime, clean it with a soft brush or cloth.
- Check the manual as a precautionary measure. This will ensure that you haven't missed any step.
- After replacing the unit cover. Turn on the system and check if the system is working fine.
In spite of following the above steps, if you still find some issues, then you’ll need to contact a professional air conditioner repair company in Dallas or wherever you’re located. They are the best people who can find any problems and fix them.
What are the Benefits of a Well-Maintained System?
Let’s look at some interesting facts that indicate the benefits of maintaining your air conditioner.
90% of cooling systems fail due to accumulation of dirt and debris. The efficiency of your system is reduced by 21% due to the build-up of 0.42” of dirt.
Clean systems work with greater efficiency by reducing the running time. So, ensure that the air conditioner is cleaned regularly.
40% people suffer due to allergens because they come in direct contact with their dirty ducts. A research conducted by the American College of Allergists states that 50% of illnesses are caused due to polluted air.
These facts clearly show how regular maintenance and cleanup can make such a difference. Look for a licensed and professional air conditioner repair service provider to ensure the air conditioner system is in a good working condition.