Regular maintenance and proper care will ensure your heating and cooling systems last for a long time.
However, malfunctioning parts and even extreme weather conditions in Baltimore can affect the heating and cooling systems.
So if you don’t take precautions and the required care, then soon you’ll run into problems!
You’ll be forced to contact a heating AC repair service professional in Baltimore or nearby areas.
In most cases when the systems stop functioning or start giving issues, people tend to think of the worst. Many feel that their AC or furnace has broken down and would need a replacement.
But you need to know that many of these problems are relatively minor and can be fixed quickly.
It’s true that some critical issues may need professional help.
Yet you can easily fix some common heating and cooling issues that you may face in between professional visits.
Here are 6 common heating and cooling problems and ways to fix them!
Uneven hot or cool air delivery
- Check for blockage due to furniture or coverings in the supply and return vents of the affected rooms.
- Seal off the vents to the rooms that you do not use often with a piece of plastic taped behind the vent.
Loss of heat in conditioned air
- Make sure all switches are set to ‘on’. It also includes the red emergency switch and the switch located on the side of the furnace.
- Check your thermostat battery for ‘low battery’ warning.
- Unclog the air filter regularly. It causes your heating and cooling unit to trip off.
- Clear the external vent from snow. Heavy snowfall can block the vents and cause your furnace to malfunction.
You need to take special care during winter because snow accumulation can lead to failure of your systems.
Ideally, this should be looked at by heating and AC repair service professionals only. But you can do the following if you like.
Do a tissue test. Place the tissue in front of the vent that you think isn’t working correctly. If it’s a return vent, it should suck the tissue. If it doesn’t, then you know there’s a problem.
- To improve the air flow, clean your ducts and reseal old ductwork.
- You can also take help of service professionals to reconfigure the supply or return ducts to increase air flow.
Water collecting near the heating and cooling equipment
- It is a universal sign of a clogged up air filter or other air blockages. Clear the air filter to increase airflow.
- You can also plug in the condensation drain.
Frozen inner AC coil
- This suggests dirty air filters, low coolant levels or clogged air duct returns. Changing the air filter is something you should do every 3 months.
- You may need to call a professional AC repair company in Baltimore to check low refrigerant levels and damaged ducts.
Heatless in Baltimore
With the temperatures plummeting and your oil furnace malfunctioning, it could lead to cold nights.
- Oil-burner units have a reset button that tends to trip from time to time.
- Press the red button on the box of the burner, and the burner should fire right up.
- However, don’t try to reset the button more than once.
If you’ve been facing issues with your heating and cooling systems continuously, then it’s certainly better to get a professional heating AC repair company to take a look at it.
You can find a list of some of the best companies located in Baltimore and nearby areas on Same Day Pros. Alternatively, you can also download the app, which is available on iOS and Android.