So, you’ve decided to take it upon yourself to replace or upgrade the plumbing of your home. But before you had started you must have done lots of research and stumbled onto so much information that you don’t know where to start anymore. And now you are hoping to get help from a local plumbing service near you. Don’t worry; it's not that difficult!
There are lots of expert solutions available to fix these common plumbing issues that will make you a home plumbing related specialist.
Listed here are some of the best solutions to get you started.
- Replace those flimsy rubber hoses of your washing machine with stainless steel ones.
- Bricks and liquid drain cleaners keep your toilet from flushing correctly. They eat away at the pipes. Try a plunger or augers instead.
- Clean those long and shedding hairs in the bathroom. Buy a drain strainer or a hair snare. Use a paper towel to clean the drain.
- Do not use those flushable baby wipes as they clog up the pipes. These wipes do not break down easily as toilet paper does.
- It is not advised to remove the flow inhibitors from your showerheads. But if you ask a plumber they might help you out.
- A loose toilet handle can be easily fixed. Replace the flap valve, which costs only $4. A plumber would charge $100 just to walk in the door.
- Keep an Allen wrench under the sink. When things get jammed, it comes handy. Just follow the directions in the manual to unclog the sink.
- Do not hang things on those pipes in your basement. They can break and flood the basement.
- Replacing an old toilet seat can be difficult. The metal bolts get rusted. You might require a hacksaw to cut it as a wrench will only slip away.
- Make sure the outside faucets in the backyard are turned off in the winter, and the outside hoses are disconnected.
- A plumbing service with a good reputation for quality service will charge you a little extra up-front. But you will save on call-backs and additional charges.
- Never ignore the dripping taps and running toilets. A dripping tap can waste up to 1 gallon of water. Ignore it, and you might have to pay a lot more when your water bill arrives.
- Don't go to the yellow pages to find a plumber, instead search for the same day professional local plumber near you.
- Be cautious of plumbers charging strikingly less or higher than their competitors.
- Mondays are the busiest day for a plumbing service company. It's the day every wife calls to fix what their husband broke on the weekend.
- When you are trying your hand at fixing the plumbing at home, don't forget to create a list of all every DIY tools and products that you are probably going to need.
- Make sure that you have recognized and understood the issues at hand before you start with the plumbing repair work.
- Refrain from using chemical drain cleaners on your home’s plumbing as they are often extremely corrosive.
Common plumbing issues need to be fixed sooner rather than later, as even small leaks can cause significant water damage. By following these easy fixes, every homeowner can sort these issues before they call a professional plumber.