Your home plumbing fixtures like faucets, showerheads and toilets make your life a little easy and convenient.
In fact, your home's plumbing system makes up for 15% of its total value. That's quite an investment!
So you need to ensure that it runs effectively on a daily basis.
A proper plumbing system has the following benefits.
- Access to clean water that is essential for good health and well being.
- In times of droughts and water shortages, an effective plumbing system can help you and the community.
- Contributes to your home's energy saving while also increasing water efficiency.
Now you may feel that all the plumbing fixtures and fittings seem fine. So why opt for plumbing maintenance?
A good plumbing maintenance plan can help in the following ways.
Maintaining your home’s plumbing system is essential for clean water to keep flowing in and flushing out your home’s waste.
Many people avoid minor plumbing issues like leaky faucets. If not fixed in time, it can lead to a huge mess later on.
A plumbing maintenance plan can help you fix such small problems in the beginning. It will also help you conserve water and save on your water bills.
Tips to Maintain Plumbing Fixtures
Your home's plumbing system is affected by what you do daily.
One of the most common plumbing issues homeowners face are clogged drains. They are not only a nightmare for you, but they also reduce the lifespan of the pipes.
Since you use your plumbing fittings and fixtures every day, you need to take care of it daily.
Follow a few simple plumbing maintenance tips to keep the water moving through your pipes.
Most plumbing service professionals in Baltimore get calls to unclog drains than for any other plumbing service. So do the following to ensure that your drains don’t get clogged.
- Always be cautious of what you’re emptying into the sink drain.
- Use safe, biodegradable waste digester.
- Pour excess grease in the garbage and not down the sink drain.
- After disposing food particles in the drain, always let sufficient cold water run.
- Check the filter and clean it with hot water and soap to open up any clogged areas.
Most plumbing fittings are sturdy enough to last a lifetime because they are made up of chrome plated brass. But you still need to use them with care.
- You can clean them quickly with soap and warm water.
- Remember to NEVER use an abrasive cleaner on polished brass fittings. This can scratch the protective coating and result in deterioration of the brass plating.
Removing Hard Water and Deposits
Your faucets and plumbing will suffer if you live in an area with hard water. It leaves behind mineral deposits in the pipes and on your fixtures, reducing water flow and pressure.
- Clean your faucets and showerheads once a month with vinegar and water as a solution.
- Use a toothbrush to clean out your faucet or showerhead.
- Wipe the faucets once every few days with a dry flannel or microfiber cloth to remove toothpaste, soap scum and dust.
- Use white vinegar and water solution to remove water spots and other tough stains from the surface of all faucets.
In the Bathroom
- Reduce use of bath oils
- Install screens over drains to prevent hair from going down the drain.
- Avoid flushing tampons and wipes down the toilet.
- Wait for 10 minutes between showers to maintain proper water pressure and hot water.
- Avoid using chemical clog removal solutions. They corrode the pipes.
For most people, home plumbing issues are easy to fix. Most homeowners replace the pipes and fittings to stop leaks or faucets.
However, not everyone can handle the complex plumbing challenges. This is when you can call a plumbing service professional in Baltimore. A licensed plumbing service offers guarantees for both, parts as well as the work done.
If you’re looking for a good plumbing company in Baltimore, then you can find some of the best service professionals on Same Day Pros.