Since I told you spring’s the best season for AC installation. It would be so unfair if I didn’t tell you what are the things you need to keep in mind while purchasing an AC unit in spring.
Are you thinking why do you need pointers for purchasing an AC? Are you?
Well, that’s because along with all the eye catching deals and discounts comes the scams and poor quality services.
Therefore, I shall talk about significant points that you must keep in mind before setting out to make your AC purchases.
Before heading out to make an Air Conditioner Purchases/Installations/Repairs
- Browse through the website of the contractor you plan on visiting.
- Ensure your local AC service providers are licensed, insured and bonded. Acquisitions of all the above certifications are evidence that the service providers are utterly reliable and can be trusted with their job.
- A registered AC repair company hires staff who went through rigorous hours of training, are well-versed in their domain and well equipped with knowledge, skills, tools and equipment. Your enquires, installations and repair, everything will be attended by the experts.
- Thoroughly investigate the ratings and the reviews for the same. Higher ratings are linked to stupendous expectation deliveries and vice-versa. Positive feedbacks are a sign they are doing a fabulous job.
- Check, if they also offer 100% customer satisfaction.
If you ignore any of the above-mentioned criteria, chances are you will be likely to be rendered displeased with the services in the long run and also your fortune.
Have a definite idea of the type, brand and the size of the AC unit you wish to install.
The varieties of AC units available in the market is overwhelming!
6 Major types of Air conditioner units are:
- Central Air Conditioning
- Ductless, Mini-Split Air Conditioner
- Window Air Conditioner
- Portable Air Conditioner
- Hybrid Air Conditioners
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling
Though all of them perform the same function of cooling, they are designed following the house-type (smaller or larger homes), cooling needs and have varying costs.
Therefore, thorough research is a must!
SDP Pro TIP
Because most of the stores out there will have boards flashing ‘Save so-so much’ on AC purchases/installations/repair, the wisest thing to do is to compare the ‘Before & After Prices’ of the AC unit. Settle for the one with maximum savings.
There you go! We cracked the code of smart shopping mixed with great savings.
During Purchasing an AC unit
1. Energy Efficiency
This has to top your list. AC units consume a gigantic amount of energy that can cause your utility bills to hike. Having an AC which is energy efficient ensures cooling without compromising the costs.
Higher the star rating the more efficient your AC and vice versa.
2. Cooling Capacity
The ability of a cooling device to cool an area is measured in terms of British Thermal Units.
The higher the BTU, the more cooling power the unit has.
3. Air Quality
If you reside in areas high on humidity consider purchasing an AC with a good dehumidification unit to lessen the humidity in the room.
ACs with a good dehumidifier can offer better cooling and more comfort during the monsoon season also.
For people residing in cities that receive extreme summers and winters, it is wise to invest your money in a machine that can successfully do both- heating and cooling.
These AC units use less power and can save up to 35% more energy as compared to heaters.
5. Installation, Maintenance, and Cleaning
Believe us when we say that the performance of your AC depends a great deal on your installation (good or bad.)
Only get an AC service professional to do this job for you.
Also, ask for ways of how can you take care of your AC and when to schedule maintenance inspections.
I hope you find the information really helpful. I wish you cool days ahead.
Same Day Pros For AC Repair and Installations
Don’t be anxious about where you have to go to locate the best AC service professionals in your neighborhood.
Just enter your zip code and Same Day Pros will connect you to the pros in no time.