Though carpets make a lovely addition to any home, they are often a breeding ground for germs. Unfortunately, carpets do not stay looking as fresh and clean as the day they were first installed. But few homeowners would actually believe in these words, especially when they're coming from a set of people who connect home owners with service providers. What do you think?
In case, you're curious to know about how carpets can make you sick and want to ensure your family's well being, read this!
1. Harmful Bacteria: Carpeting can harbor bacteria that can remain alive for up to four weeks. Bacteria can be brought in on a person's shoes, through pets, and through the air. A deep cleaning service can destroy the bacteria so the carpet is not only free of germs that can make people ill, but also so the home smells fresh and clean.
2. Trapped Dust and Dirt: Many people wear their outside shoes in the house which not only brings in dirt and debris but also grinds them deep into the carpet fibers. Unfortunately, traditional vacuums cannot always effectively remove ground-in dirt and debris. Even though the carpet surface may appear clean, there is often tons of dirt, dust, and debris embedded in the fibers which can lead to carpet damage.
3. Allergens due to pets: Those with pets may find their carpets teaming with pet hair and dander which can cause allergic reactions in those who are sensitive to the allergen. Occupants of the home may find themselves sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and experiencing watery eyes if cleaning is not carried out on a regular basis.
4. Volatile Organic Compounds: VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are carbon-based chemicals that can be expelled into the air and can reside in carpeting. Carpet services can help to remove much of the risk of exposure to VOCs so a person does not experience bronchial irritation or other health risks. Ideally, carpets should be cleaned at least twice a year or more often in high traffic areas.
5. Mold and mildew: Homes that are in humid climates can often experience mold and mildew growth in their carpets. Not only do these destroy the carpeting and the substrate, they can also cause health concerns. Some types of mold are toxic and can even be deadly.
As a responsible home maker, you must clean your carpets regularly. Vacuum them every other day. Also, take precautions like trying to keep the dirt away from your carpets.
To keep carpets properly maintained and looking their best, it is important homeowners seek carpet cleaning at least twice a year. Now that you know how very dirty your carpets may be, it is time to get the professionals involved for same day carpet cleaning.
With these services, you can rest assured your carpets will look their best. Proper cleaning and maintenance can prolong the life of carpeting and protect your investment.