Drain Cleaning with Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Pour 3/4-1 cup of baking soda in the drain that needs to be cleaned.
- Pour 1/2 cup vinegar in the drain and immediately cover the drain (use a plug or set a plate over it – you want to keep everything inside the drain)
- Leave everything to sit and work for about 30 mins (don’t use the sink during this time)
- After 30 mins, remove the cover and let hot water run thru the pipes for about 2-3 mins.
- For really tough drain cleaning you may need to repeat – but I find if I do this on a regular basis (about once a month) it keeps my drains clean and fresh with out any problems.
Freshen Drains with Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/4 cup table salt and pour down the drain
- Follow by pouring 1 cup of heated vinegar down the drain (it will foam and bubble)
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes run hot tap water for 30-60 seconds.
Baking soda and vinegar are the foundation of DIY cleaning! It’s really that simple. For just pennies you can keep your drains and home fume free by using baking soda and vinegar instead of harsh chemicals or calling the plumber.
Always find local drain cleaning professionals already working in your neighborhood at samedaypros.com or by using the FREE samedaypros.com app. With more than 100 categories to choose from achieving local professional same day service has never been easier.