Before you begin your exterior painting project, here are some home exterior painting tips from samedaypros.com
• When starting a Home Exterior Painting project, begin on the side of the house that will remain in the shade until you finish. Direct sunlight can cause the new exterior paint to dry too quickly, which will cause the exterior paint to leave streaks and blistering.
• Work from the top down, exterior painting gutters and eaves first if you want them to match the color of your siding.
• With clapboard surfaces, work from side to side. Minimize streaks by exterior painting four to five boards across the house until you finish.
• On clapboard siding, begin your exterior painting painting in the area where two boards overlap. Use the narrow side of the brush and force paint up under the lap.
• Coat as much of a board as you can comfortably reach, then flip to the wider portion of the brush and coat the surface of the board.
• When you take a break from exterior painting, wrap your brushes, rollers, and paint trays with plastic to keep all exterior paint from hardening or developing a skin. Be sure to replace the lids on any open paint cans.
• Remove excess paint by dragging the heel of the brush occasionally over the lip of the can.
• Last but not least do not perform exterior painting when the temperature drops below 50 degrees or do not do any home exterior painting with threatening weather in the forecast.
If you decide that you want to hire a local professional same day exterior painting company in you neighbor, you can find them on samedapros.com or by using the FREE samedaypros.com app.With more than 100 categories to choose from achieving local professional same day service or same day estimates has never been easier.