People are going crazy with DIY projects. They seem to be very cool, and everybody wants to do it. But let’s be real. Some of us are too lazy and busy to pick up different chores, shop for supplies, learn the right technique and then actually do the work. We would rather prefer hiring some professional handyman.
This post is for you. If you want to know some simple ways that can help you save money on handyman service, keep reading!
1. Be precise: Many homeowners call up handyman service but are unsure of what exactly they want to be getting done. Is it just to fix the broken electrical switch or you need to get some more electrical fixtures installed? Write down what are the tasks and then think of calling up a handyman.
2. Shop around: Don’t settle for the first handyman you find in your area. Use different sources like yellow pages and online. Word of mouth recommendations works best for finding handymen. Ask each of them for a rough estimate and then settle for one who has good reviews and charges closer to the average cost in your locality.
3. Pile up the tasks: People who deal with anxiety often get restless even with one thing out of place. We know the feeling! Think about it! Wouldn’t extra expenditure make you more anxious? Try to control yourself until you have 4-5 tasks piled up before calling a handyman. This can help you save money on separate visits as well as get some menial tasks done for free.
4. DIY some things: We completely understand that if you could do the thing yourself, you wouldn’t have asked for a handyman in the first place. But a small thing like cleaning off the debris will help you save money if you hire on hourly rate basis. Wouldn’t it? You can ask the handyman service provider if they will offer you some discount if you do so and so task by yourself.
5. Don’t give into the sale gimmicks: Every same day professional is a salesman first. They will try to sell you some extra services to make more money. It’s your responsibility to stay prepared to tackle such situations. Just a simple ‘no’ would be enough. Understand what you need and stick to it.
6. Ask for discounts: Today’s generation simply doesn’t do that. We don’t ask for discounts. Discounts help save money. And if you ask for them, there are more chances of getting them. So, if you want to save money on handyman services, just ask!
Do proper research on the person you’re hiring. References and reviews will help you find a good serviceman. You can also use Same Day Pros to find out local handyman pros around your area. It’s easy and quick. Give it a try!
Do you think you have found another great way to save money on small home improvement tasks? Share with us!