Replacing a roof in Baltimore is one of the most expensive tasks for any homeowner.
Homeowners may feel the need to repair or replace the roof because of one of the following reasons.
- Damage due to climatic conditions like hurricanes and storms.
- Roof suffered normal wear and tear over time.
- Upgrade aesthetically.
- Make it more energy efficient.
Ideally, depending upon the type of roof you installed, it may demand to be changed as often as once in every 10 years or may last up to 50 years.
In any case, the costs to repair your roof depend upon various factors. Let’s take a quick look.
The primary factors determining the roof replacement costs are outlined below.
- Size of the roof
- Material you wish to replace your roof with
- Roofing company
How does the size of the roof affect the cost of replacing a roof?
The size of your roof is the biggest factor in determining the roof replacement costs.
Mathematically, bigger the roof size, bigger the figures and vice versa.
The cost of roof replacement is usually calculated in roofing square; one roofing square is 10 feet by 10 feet or 100 square feet.
The average cost to replace a shingle roof is about $6.00 per square foot.
But that’s not it!
Roofing prices may also differ according to the style of your roof.
For example, as opposed to a flat-roof, the cost of replacing a high roof will be more.
This is because the steepness of the high roof adds more danger and equipment to the entire roof installation procedures.
How does the roof material affects the roof replacement costs?
Another significant variable that impacts the cost of roof replacement is the roof material.
We have compiled the average prices for the various roof materials.
- Asphalt shingle may cost around $120 per 100 square feet.
- Tile may cost between $300 and $500 per 100 square feet.
- Wood shingle may cost around $800 per 100 square feet.
- Slate may cost between $800 and $1000 per 100 square feet.
- Metal may cost around $1500 per 100 square feet.
Note: Due to lower costs, asphalt shingle may appear to be a very alluring option but avoid that.
When investing your money and time in roof replacement or installation, opt for something that will give you long-term benefits.
Asphalt shingle will last for about 10 years whereas metal roof or slate roof can last up to 50 years.
How can the professional roofing company affect the roof-replacement cost?
In so many ways…
The fees levied by professional roofing company is inclusive of labor, time invested, unforeseen challenges, and equipment used.
The roof replacement prices may differ from state to state as well.
So if you’re based in Baltimore, it would help to shop around a bit before you hire a professional roofing company near you.
3 Ways to Hire a Roofer Near You
- Before hiring a local roofer in Baltimore, ensure that the local roofing company is licensed, insured and bonded.
- Surf through their website and check out their ratings and reviews.
- Find out if they offer 100% customer satisfaction.
Alternatively, you can also find professional roofers already working in your neighborhood on Same Day Pros.
You can also download the Same Day Pros app, available on Android and iOS.
Feel free to follow the Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram accounts of Same Day Pros for more information on roof installation.