Carpet Repair Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Carpet Repair
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Do you have holes, burns or tears in your carpet? Has your carpet been damaged by bleach or some other kind of cleaning agent? Do you have unraveling carpets, water damage and frayed or torn carpets, or need pad replacement. Your local carpet repair professionals can do almost any repair to any carpet or rugs.
Carpet repair can be an economical solution to damaged carpets. A professional carpet repair company can help get your damaged carpets back up to par.
Aside from the monetary cost of replacing a carpet, there is also the hassle of moving all your furniture, the time involved in the installation of the new pad not to mention the carpet itself and the concern that it will not be the perfect match for the rest of the furnishings in your home. In most cases carpet repair is a sound alternative to purchasing a new room of carpet.
The national average cost of carpet repair is $50 – $150+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $50-$150, with some consumers spending over $500 or more. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Reasons For Carpet Repair
Furniture can have sharp edges that can wear holes into your carpet. Pets chew holes in the carpet and unfortunately adults can cause cigarette burns.
Whether a worn out carpet tears from use and abuse or a tear happens from dragging a heavy piece of furniture across it, tears are unsightly.
Rippling and Buckling
Over time, your carpet can pull away from the padding and the floor and can cause bubbles and buckling.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what carpet cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.