Commercial Refrigeration Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Commercial Refrigeration
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Commercial refrigeration equipment includes any appliance that provides cooling or freezing storage for your company’s perishable goods. Commercial refrigeration includes a wide variety of both refrigerators and freezers, including walk-in units, reach-in units and commercial refrigeration display cases.
Keeping your refrigeration units running optimally protects a vital asset of your company – the perishable goods that you rely upon for income and profit. Although the food service industry can be hectic and fast paced, you can control how well your commercial refrigeration works and how dependable it is by having your appliances inspected regularly by a commercial refrigeration expert.
Refrigeration technicians are trained to diagnose and fix any problem that they may encounter with your refrigeration products and perform routine maintenance and repair work to keep your system operating efficiently.
Average Costs Of Refrigeration Repair
The national average cost is $100 – $325+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $100-$325, with some consumers spending over $500 or more. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Most companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Factors In Determining The Refrigeration Repair Costs
- Travel time
- Location of the unit to be repaired
- Number of technicians required for the repair
- Age of the unit
- Parts required for repair
- Number of hours to repair the unit
Most refrigeration companies offer monthly maintenance plans to keep your equipment up to par. Maintenance plans are designed to extend the life of your equipment and reduce the chance of an unexpected breakdown. On a regular basis, technicians visit your business to perform a wide array of services including:
- Testing the temperature and pressure controls
- Testing the electrical connections
- Confirming the refrigerant charge
- Adding refrigerant if required
- Cleaning the coils
- Testing air units and economizers
- Lubricating bearings and motors
- Recalibrating defrost controls
- Recalibrating fans and blower motors
Benefits Of Hiring A Refrigeration Repair Professional
They service, sell, install and maintain all major brand freezers, coolers, walk-in coolers and freezers, ice machines, and more.
Are professionals that provide outstanding and unparalleled experience in all areas of commercial refrigeration.
They understand the importance of maintaining optimal freshness and cooling temperatures for food perishables and how critical those items are to the financial success of your business.
They work closely with individual businesses to develop a customized maintenance plan to assure that their commercial cooling products are always operating at their very best, assuring that it’s one less thing for them to worry about.
They provide worry-free warranties and guarantees on services and products provided by their companies.
Different Types Of Refrigeration Equipment
- Ice Machines
- Display Coolers
- Food Displays
- Blast Chillers
- Storage Coolers
- Walk-in Coolers
- Prep Tables
- Backbar Coolers
- Condensing Units
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance- For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Building Codes- In certain areas you’ll need to make sure that the local company meets all building code requirements.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.