No matter what industry you are in, customers are the lifeblood of any business.
With the evolving customer profile, business owners are finding ways to stand out from competitors and highlight their products and services. The reality is, businesses nowadays have to exert extra effort and keep up with changing times. Especially with social media pages, companies could either take advantage of the platform or fall short and lose possible leads.
It is not only a matter of being in the market for so long and knowing that you are doing a better job than competitors for you to secure those sales.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How often do you get passed by target leads to a competitor that you are sure are not on the same level as you value-wise?
- Are you constantly closing deals and reaching your sales target?
- Do you have a strategy in place to stand out from the market?
- Is your company customer-centric?
- What is your value proposition? Is this communicated well with the customers?
These are things to ponder for your business to move forward and “shine” in the market. If you think you are falling short in selling yourself, for sure, there are solid explanations behind it. Also, did you answer “all the time” in question number 1? If yes, then you should really read this article.
Here are four possible reasons why potential customers choose your competition over your business (plus some helpful tips that you can do to overturn your sales) :
- The target audience is finding it hard to find you online – if there is one big tip that we could give you in this day and age when it comes to business is to establish your online presence. Customers are simply searching for contractors online to help them choose who to hire.Whether it is being active and consistent in your social media account/s, having an updated website, being active in answering reviews, and more, these are all a must for your business.Have a good reality check, does your company have a decent online presence? If not, the good news is that it is never too late. You can even start by partnering with sites like Same Day Pros, where you could showcase your profile, the strengths of your business, and past projects.
- You have a bad online reputation – in as much as it is important to have an online presence, you also have to be conscious that you are protecting your brand’s reputation. So if you have a negative review somewhere in the online world, then this could certainly hurt your reputation and could lead your customers to find other companies with a better reputation.Here are some ways that you could turn a negative review into a positive one:- Respond promptly and politely- If applicable, take the issue offline
– Always ask for reviews from customers
– Take negative reviews seriously
You can read more on the ways to overcome negative reviews on your business here.
- You seem unprofessional / Bad impression – if you are aiming for 100% satisfaction guaranteed when it comes to your services, then you know that professionalism plays a huge part in this. This will start from the very first interaction they have with you and sometimes even by just looking at your online profile. Making a first good impression is essential if you want to score a project.Of course, “appearance” is not everything and does not necessarily reflect the quality of your work, but this is not the customer’s mindset especially if they have not found you through referrals, or if they haven’t done any previous transactions from you.Taking the extra mile to give off a good impression will certainly not hurt your business and will surely entice potential leads to take the next step with you.
- Communication issues – good communication is one of the backbones of any business. And when we say communication, this is through every step of the sales pipeline, during the project, and even after. If you don’t answer queries quickly enough, customers will not wait for you. If they already hired you and you don’t give any updates on the status of the project, this will surely be a minus point for your company. Remember, clients are spending their hard-earned cash whenever they hire you, and as part of you being customer-centric, communicating well with them is important.Did you know that one of the advantages of being a part of Same Day Pros is that you receive real-time notifications? This will allow you to answer queries immediately. If you are not a Same Day Pros Contractor yet, learn more about the benefits here or you could also give us a call at (888) 201-5344.
As a business owner, it is important to regularly assess your business and find ways to continuously improve not only your products and services but also the way you reach out to potential leads and how you market yourself.