The cost to hire a local debris removal serviceman depends upon whom you’re choosing, what kind of work needs to be done and how much labor would go into it. The usual cost ranges between $150 - $550+.
You may be charged either on the flat rate per job basis or hourly basis. The cost would vary according to what you choose and also at what time you need this service. For example, you would be charged more on weekends, holidays and in emergency situations.
Some companies have an additional fee, and some just charge higher citing that they’re the best in the locality. However, we recommend you not to go for a company that offers either a too high or a too low quote.
Common factors determining costs
Here are the things that can affect the overall cost for the task.
- Load Size: How much debris has to be removed? Can it be taken in single load or requires multiple loads?
- The weight of the debris: What’s the weight? Does the company have additional charges for heavyweight?
- Location: From where the debris need to be removed?
- Mileage: How far would they have to drive for the job?
How to find the right debris removal company?
- Budget: First decide how much can you afford to spend on the task. Then start looking for companies that provide service in that budget.
- Licensing: Check that the companies you’re considering have a proper license to work on the job.
- Professionalism: Find out if the company has professionals who have been well groomed and well trained. Even a small thing like having a uniform for work shows how seriously they take this job.
- Website: Check if the company has a website. Stay away from the companies who do not have that, for their reliability score is much lesser than others who have a website.
- Equipment: Do they make use of the right set of tools and vehicles? A company that does that is the best.
- Recycling: Ask the company where they’re planning to dispose of the debris? Ensure that the company you hire follows correct recycling procedures.
- Punctuality & emergency services: Do they show up at work on time? Do they inform when they’re taking an off? Do they offer emergency services? Do they work on holidays and weekends? Consider all these before you hire.
What items can be cleared off by debris removal service?
Here are the most common items that can be cleared off by a contractor.
- Storm dust
- Yard Waste
- Construction debris
And many more things that you just want out of your house.
Best to ensure that whatever is suitable for reuse or recycling find its right place. Items that can be easily recycled or reused include garden waste, food waste, books and magazines, metals, construction waste, glass, plastics, tires and many kinds of electronic appliances.
Yes, we agree that finding a good local debris removal company isn't easy but not anymore. Through Same Day Pros you can search for local service professionals in just no time. Our new technology and ever growing network is there for your help.
Tips & Advice
Still unsure about how to hire the best debris removal company in your area? Here are some more tips.
Ask For The License -Hire only a licensed company.
Proof Of Insurance -Ask for the proof of liability insurance and workman’s compensation.
Business Stability -Hire a company that has been in business since a long time.
Check Online Reviews -Don’t trust what company claims about its services. Check reviews online to find what the old customers say about their experience with the company.
References -If you can’t find satisfactory reviews online, ask for direct references from the company so that you can directly call their old clients and find out what they say about the company.
24-hour Emergency Service -If you want debris removal service without any delay, look for a company that provides 24-hour emergency service.
Over The Phone Pricing -Don’t fix the price until you have got a written estimate.
Free Estimates -Ask for a home visit and a written estimate of the expected cost for the task. Most of the companies do that for free. Some charge for the home visit.
Safety Record -Safety, being a significant factor in this task, can be ensured by hiring a serviceman who has a good safety record.
Satisfaction Guarantee -Go for a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee.