Driveway Sealing Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Driveway Sealing
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Do you notice cracks and oil on your driveway and you want them gone? Do you have a new house and want to keep your driveway looking brand new? Do you live in an area with extreme weather and you want to protect your driveway from the elements? An inexpensive solution to deal with these problems is to have your driveway seal coated.
Sealcoating is an important part of asphalt maintenance. The seal coat material is an emulsion that protects the asphalt from harsh weather conditions, oil, grease, and other damaging agents.
Before seal coat is applied, cracks must be cleaned and filled, oil and grease residues removed, and any structural failures in the pavement must be repaired.
The average costs for driveway sealing varies widely depending on the region o you live in, the size of your driveway and other variables. It is highly recommended that you hire a local driveway sealing professional to come out and give you an estimate.
The national average cost is $150 – $500+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $150-$200, with some consumers spending over $500 or more. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Most companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Factors that determine the cost of driveway sealing
Costs of getting the equipment and crew to a job site.
Preparation of the surface to be sealed
Costs of fuel to get to the job site.
The price depends on the quality and the amount of the material needed for the job.
The application costs
How much time it will take to apply the sealer.
The crack sealer material
The material needed to repair cracks in the driveway
The crack sealer application costs
Apply material to the cracks in the driveway
Repairing damaged areas
Repair any damaged areas before the sealing process begins
Questions For Your Local Driveway Sealing Company
Your property is your most valued asset and you want to make sure it is in the care of highly trained professionals.
Good customer service is something you want no matter what company you are dealing with in any industry.
References from previous customers?
References are a great way to find out how previous customers feel about the work that was done by the contractor. Get at least three and check them out.
Before and after pictures?
A visual is a good way to see what type of work they provide.
The NPCA is the most-respected group of pavement contractors in the country. All members must abide by a strict code of ethics in order to be in good standing with the organization.
Warranties and Guarantees?
Get your warranty or guarantee in writing before the commencement of work.
Make sure your contractor is fully insured and carries worker’s compensation. The contractor should be able to show you a certificate of insurance and proof of worker’s compensation
Any contractor you hire should be using an asphalt based emulsion.
Types Of Sealcoating
There are primarily three types of asphalt sealers. They are commonly known as:
- Asphalt emulsions
All three have their advantages but are typically chosen by the contractor’s’ preference unless otherwise specified.
Acrylic sealers are typically produced in multiple colors and are a niche product for sealing and beautifying properties such as driveways, golf cart paths or as identifiers to specific parking areas or entrances.
Pavement sealers are applied with either pressurized spray equipment, squeegees. Equipment must have continuous agitation to maintain consistency of the sealer mix. The process is typically a two coat application which requires 24 to 48 hours of curing before vehicles can be allowed back on the surface.
Prior to application the surface must be completely cleaned. If the surface is not clean, then poor adhesion could result. Once the surface is properly prepared, then the application process can begin.
Benefits Of Driveway Sealing
Saves You Money
The skyrocketing cost of new asphalt makes sealcoating more cost-effective than ever before. For just pennies per square foot you can protect your asphalt against the harmful elements that lead to its deterioration.
Prolongs Pavement Life
Proper crack sealing and sealcoating can double or maybe triple the life of your asphalt.
Slows oxidation and damage from the sun’s harmful rays. The sun causes the essential oils and binders to dry out which makes the asphalt brittle and more susceptible to cracking.
Prevents Water Penetration
Weather-proofing agents repel water – the number one enemy of asphalt. Asphalt is naturally porous; left unsealed, water will penetrate through the pores and cracks and disturb the base – eventually leading to failure of the pavement. It also prevents ice from forming which will expand and also increase the cracks size and will eventually lead to asphalt failure.
First impressions of your home or place of business are greatly enhanced with a deep, rich, satiny black finish.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.