Hardwood Floor Repair Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Hardwood Floor Repair
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Hardwood Floor Repair
Do you have a scratch or gouge in your wood floor? Do you have uneven wood planks? Is your floor looking dull and could use a little TLC? Hardwood floor repair professionals are experts in the complete makeover of your hardwood flooring. If you need your floor repaired or floor restoration by replacing worn out planks call a local hardwood floor repair professional.
Repairing your hardwood is a very important aspect of a home maintenance plan. Repairing your floor is important for your safety, comfort and adds to the aesthetics of the interior of your home. Many problems can befall on your flooring if the repair is left unchecked, not to mention it will be an eyesore.
If you a looking to sell your home or you’re just tired of looking at that damaged floor, call a local professional hardwood floor repair company. For a fraction of the price of a new floor they can repair or restore your old floor and have it looking new again. This service helps your home sell faster and adds years back to the life of your hardwood flooring.
The national average cost is $100 – $200+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $100 – $200, with some consumers spending over $500 or more
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Causes Requiring Hardwood Floor Repair
Snow, rain, flooding and appliance malfunctions can cause damage to hardwood floors. Buckling and warping are the telltale signs of water damage to your floors.
Pets are a major cause of staining to hardwood floor.
Moving furniture and appliances is the main culprit of hardwood floor damage.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.