House Painting: Find Interior Painters Near Me
House Painting Overview
Whether you have new house construction that needs interior painting or you’re just wanting to brighten up your interior walls with new interior painting, hiring an interior painting company is a simple and effective way to get the painting job done. But searching “house painters near me” doesn’t give you the exceptional painters by itself.
Of course, you could do the job yourself, but who wants to wrestle with drop cloths and stepladders in the house if you can hire a professional interior painter to do it for you?
As you consider hiring a professional interior painting company, the process of choosing the right one for the job might seem a little overwhelming. After all, this is your home that you’re painting. By knowing what to expect from the professional interior paintors, you will be in an excellent position to ensure that the painting in your home meets your high standards.
Average Interior Services Cost
Average Cost For Interior Painters
There are a number of different factors that can play a role in the total estimate of hiring professional interior painting services for your home. One, perhaps most obviously, is the quality of the paint itself. A single gallon of residential paint can cover between 300 and 350 square feet with some free room to spare. The bulk of the expense is not the paint, but the labor around the house, and the accessibility as well as size of the room will determine the overall estimate for the painting services.
Having a clear picture of the costs associated with a interior painting company can help you plan a budget and select your color for the house.
Interior home paint itself costs anywhere from $10-$75 or more a gallon for residential use, depending on the quality.
Expect to pay $200-$400 to have a normal sized residential room painted by a house interior painter with brand-name paints with the best color.
Having the ceiling of the house painted adds to the estimate the cost for services.
Painting Materials Needed For Interior House Painting
Almost all paint jobs will benefit from an initial coat of house primer to free the color. If the new paint is a paler shade than the existing paint, the house primer is fundamental to helping painters get the best results possible.
There are dozens of the best quality home brands available, and for a room in the size described it will require two full gallons to cover the walls.
Brushes, roller covers, paint trays, caulk, paint tray liners, rollers, tape, fill, drop cloths, and sandpaper are common tools put to use by a house painter. Just like the paint to be used for the project, the better the quality the supplies, the better the end results. Painting stir sticks are typically free.
Questions To Ask Your Local Interior Painting Company
Employee Or Sub-Contractors?
It is likely that, with a normal “painter near me” search the paint company employee who interacts with customers is not the same employee who will perform the job. Asking about the professionals who will actually be performing the painting allows you to learn more about their training. Asking about employees is an easy way to see if your company employs subcontractors to perform painting services.
How Long Will The Job Take?
Be sure to ask about the scheduling of the project. This information will make it easy to schedule around times the interior painters will be in your home especially if they are painting many rooms. Timetables and work deadlines also help keep professional painting companies accountable to their promises. As interior house painters near the deadline, they will ensure their painting services are adequate and go around the home to inspect for any missed paint or areas that require cleaning.
A comprehensive written guarantee for your home reflects professional interior painters who are confident in their paint service. Use the extent of a guarantee, as well as readiness to submit this painters guarantee in writing, as a measure of the best contractor quality. Many low-quality home painters may only offer the guarantee provided by the paint manufacturer, not for their services.
Post Project Inspection
Homeowners should find out if the guarantee includes a post-project inspection. This guided tour ensures clients that each component of their painting job is completed to 100% satisfaction.
You may be able to find feedback – good and bad- on the web about interior painters near you. How did the interior painting company respond to the negative feedback from home owners if any? Things may not always go 100% smoothly with residential paint services, but did the interior painting company make their best effort to make things right with the home?
Basic Interior Painters Information
Paint Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state painters licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance – For your own home protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance to ensure the painters are covered.
- Business Stability – Find out how long the interior paint company has been operating.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their house painting services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people near your house.
- References – Expect any top-notch interior paint company to be able to provide you with their best references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the painters clients to get information about the quality of service provided for their house. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local interior paint company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong while the painters are away, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out for cleaning.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest interior estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most painters companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the services costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the painters services are completed in your home.
- Safety Record – Safety in house painting can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Building Codes – In certain areas you’ll need to make sure that the local painters meets all building code requirements for your house.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers the best satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run which is important when working with home services.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major flaw in services. Ask what cleaning the company includes with house painting.