Find The Best marble cleaning services near me
Instantly Locate Pros Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Marble Cleaning
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Average Costs Of Marble Cleaning
Average Costs $400 – $600
The average costs of marble cleaning will vary widely depending on the region you live in, the type of marble being cleaned and its condition. Here are some example prices:
- Marble floor restoration $3 – $5 Per Sq. Ft.
- Granite floor restoration $4 – $5 Per Sq. Ft.
- Slate restoration $3 – $5 per Sq. Ft.
- Marble Shower $500 +
- Marble Countertop $200 +
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
- Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Why Marble is so Valuable?
One reason why marble is so valuable is because there are no two identical pieces of marble. The veining and coloring of marble is never the same, and that is something homeowners adore. They know every piece of marble they put in their homes will be unique. The only problem with this is that it can be hard to match marble in coloring. As a result, it is usually high-end marble that has an even color palette. Marble can be purchased for less, but because most homeowners want their marble to match, they have to pay for higher end materials.
Different Methods Of Marble Cleaning
Marble floors should be cleaned with a neutral cleaner. A neutral cleaner for marble is a cleaner that has a ph of 7. The best place to buy a neutral cleaner for your polished marble is from your marble restoration company or your local janitorial supply store. A common mistake made when cleaning marble is the use of non-neutral liquids such as vinegar and tile cleaners. These liquids will “etch” the marble, removing the polish.
Floors with scratches and extremely worn areas are restored using a wet diamond grinding and honing process. A series of diamond impregnated abrasives are used to resurface the marble floor. An impregnator is then applied to provide stain resistance to the marble. Then, the marble is refinished using a 2 part polishing process that creates a hard, glossy shine.
Marble reacts with acidic solutions resulting in etching. Etch marks appear on marble as dull spots in the floor. Therefore it is best to avoid spills such as vinegar, bathroom cleaners, tile grout cleaners, juices etc. Most etch marks can be fixed by a stone care professional using a polishing process. In some cases the etching is severe enough to require a honing process to the marble.
The last step in refinishing marble floors is a polishing process that creates a hard, glossy shine. Wax polishing is not recommended. Wax finishes yellow over time, scratches easily and must be stripped off and re-waxed often. The final polish used on marble flooring by a marble cleaning professional is scratch, scuff and UV resistant.
Marble should be sealed with a marble sealer, also referred to as an Impregnator. This sealer repels liquids and provides stain resistance to marble floors. A topical sealer should never be used on marble as it will hide the true beauty of your marble floors and create a covering that yellows, scratches and wears out quickly.
10 Effective Home Tips In Cleaning Marble Tile
Marble is a softer stone and comes in many colors with different and beautiful veining. Some marble stones are more challenging than others. Regardless of its texture and character, it will scratch and lose its shine and luster if marble cleaning is not right. Here are the Ten effective ways of cleaning marble tile in your home.
1. Seal Your Marble When Needed.
Applying protectant is relatively easy to perform. The time and cost involved are inconsequential compared to how fabulous marble countertops and floors look in your home. Use a top-quality, penetrating sealer to protect your investment. Some marbles do not need sealing. In such cases, it’s best not to apply a sealer since it won’t absorb and may dry on the surface, and then you must strip it off with toxic chemicals.
2. Blot up spills immediately.
Marble is much more sensitive than granite to acidic substances like wine, coffee, juices, sauces, sodas, toiletry products, and marble products that can etch the surface finish and lead to stains.
3. Clean surfaces using a sponge or soft cloth.
The only cleaning marble agents you should use regularly are boiling water and an especially formulated stone cleaner.
4. Use coasters under all glasses, bottles, and cans.
Bottles, cans, and glasses that contain acidic drinks may etch the polish and damage the surface.
5. Use A Tray In The Bathroom.
Use a tray for toiletry products in the bathroom. A decorative tray can look very nice, and it will protect the surface from the damaging chemicals in many toiletry products.
6. Dust mop your marble floor regularly.
Use a clean, dry, non-treated dust mop. Be careful in using a vacuum cleaner. Worn parts or grit jammed by the wheels may scratch the surface. You can use a microfiber floor mop, which is highly recommended.
Use doormats inside and out, along with runners and area rugs.
Grit, dirt, and sand carried in by our shoes are abrasive and will wear and scratch marble floors.
8. Stop using generic, store-bought cleaners.
Cleaning marble with products bought at the store that contain acids, alkalis, and other chemicals can etch or damage marble surfaces or degrade the sealant, leaving the stone more vulnerable to staining. Unfortunately, the most common name-brand cleaners will harm your tile, and it needs proper marble cleaning service by professionals.
9. Avoid using bathroom cleaners.
The powders and even the “soft” creams contain abrasives that will scratch and dull the surface.
10. Do not place toiletry products directly on your countertop surface.
Hair products, toothpaste, perfumes, colognes, nail products, creams, and lotions may stain or damage the surface or etch the polish leaving a ring. Protect your countertop by placing these products on a decorative tray like they do in fancy hotels.
Why Need To Hire A Professional Cleaning Marble Service Near Me
A professional cleaning marble service contractor will help you with your marble cleaning needs. All kinds of marble cleaning services include floors, walls, countertops, vanities, or shower walls. They will do an excellent job for you.
Did you know that marble will be scratched, etched, and even lose its shine and luster if not properly maintained? But there’s no need for you to worry about your marble floor, wall, countertop, vanity, or shower. They can look as good as new and even better when you call a professional marble cleaning service contractor near me.
How To Polish Marble Flooring?
Polishing in marble flooring brings out the shine, enhances the natural stone color, and helps protect marble countertops and wall surfaces from watermarks. Also, regular polishing on marble flooring can help hide etches and abrasions on the marble surface.
The last step in refinishing marble flooring is a polishing process that creates a hard, glossy shine. Wax polishing is not recommended because wax finishes yellow slowly, scratches easily, and must be stripped off and re-waxed often. The final polish used on marble flooring by a marble cleaning service professional is scratch, scuff, and UV resistant.
How To Do Marble Floor Restoration?
It’s normal for the marble floor to get chips and cracks after a while. You can purchase a complete repair kit from a natural stone cleaning supplier for minor repairs and do this by yourself.
It restores a marble floor restoration with scratches and excessively worn areas using a wet diamond grinding and honing process. Diamond polishing is an intense form of refinishing using diamond pads with a floor polishing machine and requires a professional marble cleaning service and floor restoration. It then applies an impregnator to provide stain resistance to the marble.
If there are too many repairs to do or the damaged area is too large, it’s best to have a professional marble cleaning service near me to come in and do an epoxy filling.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.
Marble Cleaning Service in
- Tequesta, FL
- Palm beach gardens, FL
- Boynton beach, FL
- Lantana, FL
- Lake worth, FL
- Lake Park, FL
- Royal palm beach, FL
- Delray beach, FL
- Palm Springs, FL
- North palm beach, FL
- Belle glade, FL
- Riviera Beach, FL
- Wellington, FL
- Greenacres, FL
- Juno Beach, FL
- Boca raton, FL
- West palm beach, FL
- Jupiter, FL
- Glenn Heights, TX
- Hallandale Beach, FL