Moving Companies Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Moving Companies
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Professional moving companies are highly trained and ready to handle your move, whether it be big or small. With every step of the moving process, whether it be packing, loading or unloading, your belongings are handled by trained moving professionals.
They pride themselves on attention to detail which they bring to every move, and make sure you’re up to speed on every step of the relocation. Your movers should be in constant contact with you until the last box is unloaded at your new home.
Most moving companies are also providing long and short-term storage options. All stored belongings are kept in secure and controlled warehouse. Properly cataloged and organized, your belongings will be kept safe and monitored around the clock.
The most valuable asset you can have when it comes to moving is experienced help at your side, ensuring your move is successful and on-schedule.
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Preparing For The Moving Company
- Inventory all household items to be moved, and start packing.
- Sell or give away any unwanted items.
- Make a list of everything to be moved.
- Consider taking out Insurance on movable items.
- Estimate packing boxes needed and purchase them.
- Change your address.
- Transfer schools of transcripts.
- Contact insurance agents to transfer coverage.
- Remove all items from basement, storage sheds, attics.
- Arrange for disconnection of utilities and reconnection at new location
- Familiarize yourself with the new community, its activities and issues.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.