Oriental Rug Cleaning Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Oriental Rug Cleaning
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Oriental Rug Cleaning
An authentic oriental rug is a handmade carpet from the “Orient” that is either knotted or woven with pile or woven without pile. Handmade oriental rugs are woven using various materials such as silk, wool, and cotton.
Oriental rug are made in Asian countries such as China and Vietnam in the east, Turkey, Maghreb, Cyprus and Iran in the west, the Caucasus in the north, and India and Pakistan in the south. Oriental rugs are also known as Persian rugs, Pakistani rugs, Arabian rugs, Anatolian rugs, Kurdish rugs, Caucasian rugs, Central Asian rugs, Chinese rugs, Tibetan rugs and Indian rugs.
Average Cost To Clean Oriental Rugs
As you are probably aware oriental rugs a very expensive and some antique oriental rugs could cost $10,000 or more. A rule of thumb, the more the retail cost the more the oriental rug cleaning cost. The average cost for oriental rug cleaning is $2-$5 per square foot and could reach as high as $6 per square foot or more.
The national average cost is $150 – $500+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $150-$200, with some consumers spending over $500 or more. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
By The Square Foot – Most companies charge by the square foot.
Flat Rate Per Rug – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the cleaning.
- Pick up and delivery of the rugs.
- The fabric and age of the rug
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Advantages Of Hiring A Oriental Rug Cleaning Professional
Maintains The Value Of Your Oriental Rug
Oriental rugs may be passed down from generation to generation. Professional oriental rug care can extend the life and beauty of a rug.
Pick Up And Delivery.
Most companies that specialize in oriental rug cleaning will pick up your oriental rug and reinstall it once the cleaning is complete.
A oriental rug cleaning company that specializes in oriental rug cleaning has all the right equipment to give your oriental rug a more thorough cleaning.
Superior Cleaning Products.
Commercial oriental rug cleaning services have access to products designed especially for use on oriental rugs.These products a specifically designed for oriental rug cleaning and will not damage your delicate oriental rugs. Beware that most carpet cleaning shampoos at local retail stores will damage or colorfast your oriental rugs.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Process
In-plant oriental rug cleaning is recommended for oriental rugs and loose woven oriental area rugs. They should not be cleaned on location like wall to wall carpet. Most oriental rug cleaning companies will pick your rug up and bring it to a cleaning plant where it will receive a very thorough cleaning to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your oriental rug cleaned in plant allows oriental rug cleaning companies to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available to carpet cleaners on location. Here are the correct steps your oriental rug cleaning company may follow to clean the delicate oriental rug.
Will determine as much as possible about the type of rug and inherent qualities that may affect cleaning.
Dry Soil Removal
Woven oriental rugs, especially hand knotted oriental rugs are designed to hide dry soil. A pile lifter, special vacuum attachments and any many other methods are implemented. This is the most important step in cleaning any oriental rug.
Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
Pre-Spot and Fringe Preparation
Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal. The fringe is also pre-treated for maximum soil removal.
Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the oriental rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils. Most rugs are cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo that is especially designed to get maximum cleaning while protecting sensitive natural fibers.
Rinse or Wash
Depending on the type of oriental rug it will be rinsed with extraction equipment on both sides or washed in a wash pit designed especially for Oriental Rugs.
Once the soil is rinsed away, the oriental rug is dried flat or hung to dry in a controlled environment. Proper drying is essential to avoid unnatural shrinkage.
When the oriental rug is completely dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
The oriental rug cleaning company will give the rug a final inspection and release it for pickup or delivery.
Routine Oriental Rug Care
Rotate The Oriental Rug 180 Degrees Every Year.
Rotating your oriental rug will help to ensure that your oriental rug ages beautifully and its colors stay vibrant.
Minimize Exposure To Dirt And Debris.
Try to avoid tracking dirt on the oriental rug to start with by taking off your shoes and adding rugs that are meant to remove dirt and grit in the doorways of all entrances to your home.
Protect The Oriental Rug From Moisture.
Moisture will not only cause natural fibers to mold and mildew, but disintegrate natural fibers.
Protect The Oriental Rug From Smoke.
Smoke from fireplaces, cigarette smoke, or even exhaust combined with moisture creates an acidic environment that can further hasten your oriental rugs demise.
Avoid Deep Indentations.
Move your furniture around. This simple trick will help you avoid making huge dents in the pile of your oriental rug and ruining the fibers.
Don’t Sit Things Directly On The Rug.
Plants, ceramic pots, or other furniture can not only dent the oriental rug, but the lack of air space can allow the natural fibers to rot if moisture is present and no air is circulating.
The Cleaner The Rug Is, The Longer It Will Last.
Dirt and grit wear down the hemp backing that the oriental rug fabric is woven into.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Building Codes– In certain areas you’ll need to make sure that the local company meets all building code requirements.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Service in
- Brentwood, MD
- Dickerson, MD
- Gunpowder, MD
- Montgomery village, MD
- Southern md facility, MD
- Benson, MD
- Damascus, MD
- Glen burnie, MD
- Manchester, MD
- Sandy spring, MD
- Windsor mill, MD
- Baldwin, MD
- Cockeysville, MD
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Laurel, MD
- Randallstown, MD
- Washington grove, MD
- Abingdon, MD
- Cheltenham, MD
- Fork, MD