What Should You Expect to Pay a Professional Plumbing Service?
The cost depends on whether you need a plumber for a new installation or only to repair your faulty fixtures. On an average, the cost varies between $150 and $550+.
Usually, the companies either charge on an hourly rate or a flat rate per job basis. This depends upon the work that needs to be done as well as on the company.
That said, the price can be affected by some variables like, but not limited to the following.
- The amount of time it takes to complete the work.
- The quality and number of the fixtures.
- Whether it was an emergency service or a regular one.
Before you hire a particular company, try and get a few estimates if you have the time.
This is because some companies may offer a low hourly rate, but charge additional ‘equipment fees’. Be careful of such hidden charges as it may eventually work out to a much more expensive job.
So, don’t get fooled by the seemingly lucrative offers. Always ask about all the costs that you’ll be expected to pay once the job is done.
Nonetheless, keep in mind that most companies charge a higher rate for providing their services during the weekends, holidays, and in emergency situations.
Here’s an approximate indication of the cost of common plumbing projects that most local plumbing companies may charge.
- Sink installation - $400
- Water heater installation - $900
- Bathtub installation - $2200
- Tankless water heater installation - $1000
- Installation of a faucet - $400
- Installation of a shower - $2600
- Water main repair - $600
- Toilet repair - $200
- Unclog a drain- $150
- Water heater repair - $400
Wouldn't’ it be great if you knew how to prevent emergency plumbing issues and save your time and money?
If you follow the tips below, you can avoid any plumbing disaster very easily.
- Do not dispose of semisolid waste in the sink.
- Use toilet for disposable waste. But don’t discard large objects in the toilet.
- Make sure there are strainers in sinks and tubs to keep them clean and clog free.
- Keep grease out of the drains by pouring hot water in drains at regular intervals.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean hair and soap residue from the bathtub.
- Be conscious of the location of the main water valve in your house. It can save you from severe damage in case of water flooding.
- Get the pipes checked at least once a year.
- Fix broken or leaking pipes at the earliest to avoid huge damage.
If only one fixture has stopped working, then the fault is probably in the branch drain line or the fixture trap
If more than one fixture stops working, the problem can be in the drain pipe or stack. However, if all the fixtures are affected, then the issue is definitely in the main drain.
If you want to unclog the sluggish drain pipes, try plunging or use an auger. If these don’t work, then it’s better to call a professional plumber.
Whenever you attempt to fix clogged drains, always use proper safety equipment like plastic gloves and safety goggles.
To find same day plumbers, use Same Day Pros which has become one of the most preferred sources to locate professional home service providers in the United States. You can also download the SameDayPros app.
With plenty of DIY websites and YouTube videos out there, it’s certainly tempting to try and fix any plumbing issues on your own. But certain things are best left to the experts.
Sure, you can take care of the minor problems, but when it comes to something big, here are top 3 reasons why you need to call in the professionals to do their job.
1 - Experience
When you come across a complex issue that is difficult to diagnose, it’s beyond any homeowner’s knowledge and skill to fix it. That’s because most people are not really trained to handle major plumbing problems.
This is where the experience of professional plumbing companies will really help. They have trained and experienced personnel who can identify the tiniest of problems and resolve them instantly.
2 - Expert Advice
Since they have the proper training, certifications as well as experience in tackling all kinds of issues, they are the best people to give you advice on the entire plumbing system.
3 - Fix Multiple Problems in One Visit
More often than not, you may not be able to fix all the plumbing issues in a day. You’ll probably need to free up your weekends, your evenings or put aside a few hours here and there, through the day.
But a professional plumber will be able to fix multiple problems and that too in a single visit.
What Should I Evaluate When Looking for a Professional Plumbing Company?
1. Ask for License: Always ask for the license. This ensures reliability and efficiency.
2. Proof of Insurance: Ask for the proof of liability insurance and workman’s compensation.
3. Business Stability: Check the work experience of the company. The more, the better.
4. Check Online Reviews: Look for reviews online. Accordingly, you can make an informed decision.
5. Ask for References: Request for references directly from the company. Then contact those people and ask them about the quality of work, cost, timeliness, and their overall experience.
6. Availability in Emergency Situations: Check if the company provides 24-hour emergency service and what is the additional cost if any?
7. Over the Phone Pricing: Not advisable. These problems are hard to diagnose over the phone.
8. Free estimate: Always ask for the estimate before they start working. There should be no surprises afterward.
9. Safety Record: Make sure that they have a satisfactory safety record to avoid on-the-job accidents and injuries.
10. Building codes: Find out if the company meets all the building code requirements.
11. Satisfaction guarantee: Choose a company that provides a satisfaction guarantee.
12. Cleanup: There’s a possibility of a huge mess once the job is done. Inquire about their cleanup services.