Already Working In Your Neighborhood
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
There are many things that could go wrong while driving. You may experience a flat tire, run out of gas, or your battery can die. In situations like these, the first thing that enters your mind is to get some help from an efficient towing service.
Finding a trustworthy and proficient towing company can be challenging.
So before you start looking for the right towing services, be certain about a few things. Don’t wait before our roadside emergency comes. Find yourself a reputable and trustworthy local towing company today.
Average Costs Of A Towing Company
Hook Up Fees – $25-$150
Mileage Charges $2 – $6 per mile
Prices fluctuate depending on many different variables. Most towing companies charge a hook up fee that depends on the vehicle size. Then there is a mileage fee.
- Gas surcharge
- Credit card processing
- Labor charge
- Destination fees and more…….
Services Offered By Towing Companies
- Flat Bed Towing
- Medium & Light Duty Towing
- Heavy Duty Towing
- Incident Management
- Parking Enforcement
- Jump Starts
- Fuel & Water Delivery
- Recovery Services
- Tire Changes
- Motorcycle Towing
- Flatbed Towing
- Flat Tire Change
- Accident Removal
- Car Lockout
- Local & Long Distance Towing
- Battery Jumpstart
- Gas Fills
- Ignition Key
Finding The Right Towing Service
This is the easiest way to find local tow truck services
Ask Friends and Family
Recommendations from people you trust work most of the time.
Call the company and ask about their services and rates.
Ask for their business insurance
Ask for their local and state business license.
Hours Of Operation
Find out the company’s hours of operation and if they offer 24/7 emergency response
Besides helping in towing your vehicle, great towing companies also offer other services. A company that offers more than just towing is always best to go with.
Don’t wait until your vehicle breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Find the right towing services for yourself to use during emergencies.
Different Types Of Towing Equipment
Flatbed Tow Trucks
These trucks have a large empty bed in the back. This bed inclines and forms a ramp so that the vehicle that needs to be towed can be either driven on the ramp or dragged in place using a winch. Using hydraulics, the platform is then moved back in horizontal position.
Wheel-Lift Tow Trucks
We are pretty similar with hook and chain trucks. The only difference is that instead of a chain, they use a yoke. Using hydraulics, the yoke is placed under the front or rear axle of the vehicle and then lifted up. Even though it’s a highly used towing method, wheel-lift is not the best as only the front or back of the vehicle is lifted from the ground.
Hook And Chain Tow Truck
Hook & Chain Towing is no longer used as much as it once was. The main reason for this is because they work by wrapping a chain around the frame or axle of the vehicle and this causes scratches or other damage. Some companies still use hook and chain trucks, but mostly for vehicles that have been severely damaged. If this is not your case, then make sure your towing company doesn’t send you a hook and chain tow truck.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance – For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability – Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.
Towing Service in
- Charleston, SC
- Suwanee, GA
- Duluth, GA
- Mount pleasant, SC
- Moncks corner, SC
- Norcross, GA
- Isle of palms, SC
- Grayson, GA
- North metro, GA
- Buford, GA
- Jamestown, SC
- Jacksonboro, SC
- Lawrenceville, GA
- Goose creek, SC
- Edisto island, SC
- Snellville, GA
- Dacula, GA
- Johns island, SC
- Lilburn, GA
- Hilton head island, SC