Window Repair Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Window Repair
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Windows play an important role in your home, both functionally and aesthetically. Window repair professionals can help you maintain their integrity through innovative repair solutions.
There are a number of reasons you may want to repair your windows. Perhaps a baseball went through a window pane. Or maybe there was damage from a recent storm. What about that really cold draft coming through the window in the wintertime. Of course, replacing your windows is not the only option. Replacing parts and upgrading components could give your existing windows a new lease on life, plus it’s easier on your wallet!
These repair professionals are highly skilled in their trade who are readily available to assist you whenever you need window repair service. They always strive to meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
The national average cost is $50 – $300+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $50 – $300, with some consumers spending over $800 or more
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Boarding Up A Broken Window
- Put on heavy duty work gloves
- Clean the broken glass
- Measure the broken window
- Add add a 4 inch overlap on each side for screws and nails
- Buy plywood
- Hammer in nails as anchors
- Screw in wood screws
- Brace the seam If two sheets of plywood are required to cover a single window
- Hammer in nails as anchors on the second sheet
- Screw in wood screws on the second sheet
- Call a local window repair professional as soon as possible
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.