Window Screen Repair Pros
Already Working In Your Neighborhood
- Window Screen Repair
Same Day Service, Future Service, Estimates, and Installations
Window Screen Repair
Window screens aren’t very exciting, especially if you’re having to deal with a window screen repair. You probably never even notice yours until something goes wrong with them and they are needing of repair. And then, it’s the wrong kind of excitement.
In the grand scheme of life, window screens fall near the bottom on your list of priorities. Nevertheless, window screens cannot be ignored or forgotten as they play a vital role in keeping your home safe, secure and cool in the dog days of summer.
There are many instances where calling in an expert for your window screen repair needs is very important. Trying to repair a second-floor window screen or the top of your porch lanai can be a dangerous task due to the potential risk of a ladder injury.
If you don’t feel comfortable working with heights, let an experienced professional take care of this for you. If you notice a tear or a detaching window screen, act quickly to prevent further damage from occurring.
The national average cost is $50 – $75+
The average cost to hire a local professional will average about $50-$75, with some consumers spending over $100 or more.
The average cost to hire a local professional can vary widely depending on the work that needs to be performed, they region in which you are located and how fast you need the project completed. So choosing the right professional the first time is of the essence.
Hourly Rate – Some companies charge by the hour.
Flat Rate Per Job – Some companies charge a flat rate for the work they do.
Recognize that there are several variables in developing the price. These include:
- Time that it takes to complete the project.
- How many technicians are working on your project.
- Was it an after hours emergency
- With many more aspects that may add to the cost
Remember, the company quoting a low rate may not necessarily be the right company for you. Some companies may offer low hourly rates, but then charge additional “fees” to complete the job.
You may also need to consider that most companies charge a higher rate for overtime, weekends, holidays and emergency calls.
The best rule of hand is to get an itemized estimate so you know exactly what is expected from the local company.
Window Screen Repair Steps
- Remove the old screen
- Secure the two longest sides of the window frame to the surface you’re working on by placing blocks of wood all along their inside area.
- Take the replacement screen material and position it over the window frame, overlapping it by about ¾ of an inch to a full inch.
- Cut to fit size.
- Install and trim the new screen.
Tips & Advice
- Ask For The License – Ask for all local and state business licenses.
- Proof Of Insurance– For your own protection, check proof of both workman’s compensation and liability Insurance.
- Business Stability– Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Check Online Reviews – You’re probably not the first person in town looking for their services. Rely on the internet to get reviews written by people in your community.
- References – Expect any top-notch company to be able to provide you with references upon request. Once you have these names, contact the clients to get information about the quality service. When you call, ask questions about the work, timeliness, cost and whether the clients would use the company again for future work.
- 24-hour Emergency Service – Make sure your local company offers emergency 24 hour service. If something goes wrong, it’s good to know that you will not have to wait days for them to come out and fix it.
- Over The Phone Pricing – Honest estimates simply cannot be given over the phone – especially if you aren’t talking with an actual technician when you call.
- Free Estimates – Most companies offer free estimates. This is important because they can provide you with the costs upfront, so that you are not shocked with a bill after the services are completed.
- Safety Record – Safety can be a significant factor, so ask the company about their safety records to ensure that any service professional you hire has a satisfactory safety record. You want a company that doesn’t have a high incidence of on-the-job mishaps or injuries.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Choosing a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee will ensure that they will get the job done right the first time and will save you money and frustration in the long run.
- Cleanup – The mess left behind after a project can be major. Ask what cleanup work the company includes with it’s services.